Chronic pain develops gradually and is complex in its causes which affect all parts of the body; it involves the tissues, bodily systems, and the mind. The journey down a path to daily suffering and loss often starts with a simple injury and cascades innocently downward with continued pain, imperfect healing, medical complications and failures, loss of job, loss of financial support, loss of friends, and depression.
Because chronic pain is multidimensional, it is never adequately addressed with a one-dimensional treatment. Pain management must extend beyond physical approaches to include the psychosocial and functional restoration. Effective integrated treatment fosters self-awareness and encourages self-management strategies. In time, complex issues are managed, pain is reduced, and the patient moves toward improved physical and psychological functioning.
Our core team of health professionals who care for patients in the Pain Management Program include physiotherapists, occupational therapist, kinesiologists, psychologists, and psychotherapists. Our focus is to create an individualized, goal directed, graded activity reactivation program with self-monitoring strategies. We believe in keeping the client, third party funders, physicians and specialists actively involved and engaged in setting the individualized goals to ensure successful outcomes.
The primary goal of the pain program is to restore function and improve the quality of life for people suffering with chronic pain. Important goals include:
- Establish individualized, goal directed activity reactivation program with self monitoring strategies
- Return to normal daily activities and resume most functional, independent, productive lifestyle possible
- Provide education on pain science, pacing, energy conservation & use of adaptive equipment, if applicable
- Increase physical strength, endurance and flexibility
- Minimize pain behaviours
- Learn stress management techniques
- Return to gainful and meaningful employment, if applicable
- Resume leisure and recreational activities
- Improve interpersonal relationships
- Reduce reliance on healthcare professionals, with improved ability to self-manage chronic pain
If you have any query about our services then please contact via phone or book your appointment with experts at Progressive Rehab Clinic